Elder Law, Estate and Special Needs Planning Attorneys Serve White Plains, NY
Knowledgeable lawyers present reliable strategies for retirement and succession
At Giannasca & Shook, PLLC our attorneys provide Elder Law and Estate Planning services to meet the varied wishes and needs of our clients and their families. Each individual and their family present unique circumstances, and therefore personalized attention is given by our skilled attorneys to assess your circumstances and formulate a plan and course of action uniquely tailored for you.
Much of Elder Law and Estate Planning is about protecting and preserving the assets you worked so hard to accumulate, and transferring that wealth to your loved ones in accordance with your wishes. But a knowledgeable Elder Law and Estate Planning attorney also takes a hands-on approach to plan for inevitable events such as advancing age and retirement, as well as the potential medical or long term care needs of you or someone in your family. Our compassionate attorneys also take the time to understand the family dynamic and complex relationships that may exist within your family which we view as an indispensable part of proper planning. Bottom line, we get to know you and your family and become your trusted legal advisor. We ensure your financial, medical and legal wishes are carried out so that your family does not suffer the financial and emotional crisis that often arises from lack of planning.
Comprehensive solutions on a broad array of issues
The Elder Law and Estate Planning attorneys at Giannasca & Shook represent clients in White Plains and the surrounding areas on a broad array of issues. These include:
- Estate Planning (Wills, Trusts & Advance Directives) – We prepare uniquely developed estate plans through the drafting of wills and trusts to provide for the eventual disposition of your hard earned assets in accordance with your wishes. We counsel our clients on minimizing tax consequences, maximizing access to available benefits, providing for the special needs of family members, and avoiding or reducing the time and expense of estate administration. As an integral part of your estate plan we also prepare Durable Power of Attorneys (POA), Health Care Proxies, and Living Wills.
- Medicaid Planning & Benefits –Eligibility for Medicaid benefits for long term care, whether at home or in a nursing home, may become essential to providing you the proper care that you require. We carefully implement Medicaid planning strategies to qualify you for Medicaid benefits while at the same time shielding your assets from the cost of care and Medicaid recovery. This allows you to leave more for your family. Whether you plan for Medicaid benefits in advance or require Medicaid benefits in a time of crisis, our attorney will develop the proper plan and assist you in applying for important Medicaid benefits.
- Probate & Estate Administration – We provide a full range of services related to estate administration including shepherding a will through the probate process, ensuring the heirs to a will receive what they are entitled to, providing representation to heirs and fiduciaries when a will does not exist, and advising on required Surrogate Court accountings and relevant tax filings.
- Guardianships – For elders who can no longer manage their day-to-day affairs, or require a representative for a particular purpose, we advise on and participate in guardianship proceedings.
- Veterans Benefits – We assist veterans and their families in obtaining the benefits they so richly deserve, including Veterans Aid & Attendance Benefits.
- Estate Litigation – Unfortunately there are times that family members feel their rights have been infringed upon or they have otherwise been denied what they are entitled to once a loved one has died. Other times there may be disputes over the existence of a will or how the terms of a will or trust are being carried out. In representing our clients we first endeavor to achieve an amicable resolution of the dispute at hand. But when necessary our attorneys are proficient in litigating such disputes if attempts at resolution are unsuccessful.
When you retain Giannasca & Shook for assistance with planning for your future, you get personalized attention from skilled advocates who genuinely care about their clients. We craft unique solutions tailored to your individual needs and remain actively engaged for as long as you need us.
Contact our elder law & estate planning attorneys for reliable guidance in White Plains, NY
Giannasca & Shook, PLLC provides personalized, hands-on legal service to tackle estate planning and elder law issues. Place your trust in a reliable legal team that is passionate about client service. To schedule a free consultation, call us at 914-872-6000 or contact our office online.